Sunday, April 24, 2011

Another way to workout ...

This past weekend my husband and me went backpacking to the Guadalupe Mountains National Park - we wanted to hike the highest point of Texas the "Guadalupe Peak" (with an elevation of 8,751 feet).

This picture below was taken in at the beginning of this year. I did not know that behind me was the highest peak in Texas I was more amazed by the white sand :-)


The trail was a really hard one for me and I had to rest the first third of the hike a lot in order to get my heart rate down - after I while I got used to it and I did enjoy the amazing view of this trail and mountains.


As my husband and me reached the top of the peak - we did enjoy this beautiful view and got to sign a Record Book as well. I was so happy and proud of myself to make it up all the way on top in 3 hours and 45 minutes.


On the way up my husband carried the main backpack and after spending a night up in the mountains it was my turn to carry the backpack down ... and I can tell going down was not easy at all since most of the trail is very steep.


I am so happy to accomplish such a great hike with my husband (who has done this hike 3 times in his life). We are planning on doing more and more backpacking hiking trips in the future with more great opportunity to get in shape while enjoying this beautiful nature.


I hope everyone had a great Easter Weekend and is off to a great new week.

No comments: