Sunday, March 27, 2011

Workout solution while on my way to work ...


Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.
~James E. Starrs

Since I do not have one hour during the day to do this workout and I am way to exhausted/ tired in the evening I found something which is fun (maybe a bit dangerous due to high traffic and the fact that El Paso is not a bike friendly city) and hopefully successful with some small results:


I will ride my bike to work


I rode this way on a Sunday and it took me there like 35 minutes (bad wind coming from the front) but on the way back in only 24 minutes. And even google map tells me this is a 24 minutes ride or (I like this statement) I should drive/ or get a Taxi for 11 minutes.

This is "only" a very flat 4.5 mile ride but enough to get a 30 minutes workout in the morning and evening with the "plus" of thats not as hot in the morning than in the evening - which means I wont come to work all sweaty and just ready to work. I am also going to wear my heart rate monitor to see how I am doing and of course to see how many calories I am burning...

I hope at some point to add BBL maybe after the ride back home (I should get use to this ride pretty quick) - and use my rest energy for a 30 minute workout.




Thanks for stopping by and read along - have a great week!



No comments: